Start date: Immediately Length: 2 years, renewable Location: Virtual Compensation: Unpaid Community Service Board of Directors Member: Yes ================================================== If you are a talented relationship builder with a passion for civil/human rights advocacy or economic development, then we are looking for you! As our National Development Director-Planned Giving , you will develop and oversee the Coalition’s planned giving program in support of our mission, vision, and short/long term goals. Perfect portfolio builder for professionals in transition or service opportunity for established and retired professionals.
- Develop and oversee an effective and sustainable organization-wide planned giving program.
- Work with PR/Marketing to develop annual planned giving marketing strategy to generate leads.
- Develop/execute plan to identify, qualify, and obtain appointments with most promising prospects.
- Review estate and estate plans with prospects in hopes of obtaining a gift for the Coalition.
- Strategically align program and organizational needs with interests and resources of donors.
- Recommend specific estate planning actions and meet with donors’ estate planner or financial advisor as appropriate.
- Conduct necessary follow-up with attorneys/advisors regarding bequests and other planned gifts as appropriate.
- Provide consultation regarding estate/tax planning, estate administration and charitable giving as necessary.
- Collaborate with CFO and other Development Directors on the Development Committee.
- Recruit and lead a team of develpment volunteers as needed.
- Develop and maintain ongoing analytical, evaluation, and tracking reports.
- Fulfill normal Board Member duties.
Join us and discover a rewarding opportunity as we build strong families in which the youth of today can flourish!
- Must have compassion for and a strong desire to transform the lives of children and families.
- Must have a take-charge attitude, keen ability to lead with little to no supervision, and lots of stamina.
- 7+ years executive level experience in Tax/Estate Planning, Fundraising, or related field.
- Demonstrated record designing/executing donor identification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies.
- Polished and poised with unimpeachable ethics and unwavering integrity a must.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and negotiate resolutions while maintaining relationships.
- Must communicate effectively with elected officials, C-suite executives, celebrities, and the media.
- Flourishes in start up/early stage company environment.
- Strong presentation, communication, and strategic planning skills.
- Understanding of homelessness, housing, and civil/human rights issues a plus.
Compensation: Unpaid Community Service
Our Community Service professionals find no compensation greater than the relief and peace a family feels when his/her efforts provide opportunities for that family. Yet, we understand the importance of rewarding the hard work and dedication of all Community Service professionals throughout our network. Our recognition initiatives and outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth through business partnerships and volunteerism embody the value we place on the contributions of each team member.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
International Freedom Coalition
Tel. +1 / 713-364-9324
International Freedom Coalition – 4 days ago – save job – block