AMAZING GROUP SPECIAL OFFERED AGAIN! – Price of $350 for your entire team (up to 15 additional registrants) to join the course!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the course – see below for testimonials from past participants
This course is designed to propel a fundraiser into the area of planned giving. Each session will be approximately 1.25 hrs long, including time for questions. The sessions take place over a 6-week period. While it is expected that participants will join each session live, the sessions will be recorded so that participants can catch up on missed webinars. Access to Planned Giving Advisors’ virtual library of various planned giving related documents is included as part of the program. The fee per GROUP is $350. 7.25 CFRE CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE.
1. Introduction to Planned Giving – This session will define what “planned giving” should mean to an average fundraiser, make the case for all nonprofits to ramp up their planned giving efforts, and provide an overview of all of the giving options that will be covered during the entire course.
2. From Static to Dynamic: Transforming Your Planned Giving Programs To Get Results – This session will focus on the steps and approaches needed to implement, launch and/or upgrade your legacy giving program. Planned giving marketing activities are often static and see very little results and/or interactions with actual prospects. We will cover various marketing and promotional ideas, and how to transform them into real and immediate results.
3. Initiating The Legacy Conversation And Getting To The Ask – This session will focus on a core challenge in cross-training fundraisers in planned giving: initiating planned giving conversations and leading these conversations to a completed gift. We will not only discuss several actual case studies but we will ask participants to introduce their own case studies for group discussion and turning your “case for legacy giving” into your legacy giving “elevator-pitch.”
4. Primer on Basic Tax Law and Financial Planning Concepts – This session is designed to clarify the various tax and financial planning issues that your prospects may expect you to be conversant on during planned giving discussions – a must for fundraisers discussing planned gifts and any complex gift arrangement.
5. Life Income Gifts – This session will delve into the entire area of “life income gifts,” seen by many as the heart of planned giving providing some of the most interesting options for donors to consider. Building upon our initial introduction to planned giving vehicles and tax/financial planning concepts in prior sessions, we will go into depth on the specific options available, the details as to how they work, and start preparing fundraisers to identify ideal circumstances and how to initiate conversations.
6. Bequests and Other Testamentary Gifts – This session will go into depth on what has proven to be the largest source of planned giving revenue by far in the nonprofit sector: bequests and other testamentary gifts. While bequests are often referred to as the most “simple” of planned gifts, there are numerous details and options fundraisers need to be aware of to maximize their effectiveness in this area. Additionally, we will cover non-Will testamentary options like IRAs and other account designations, which are becoming more and more important among baby-boomer prospects.
Amy Gullotta, Director of Development-Major Gifts, Onondaga Community College
“Excellent curriculum that fully prepares you to successfully launch your planned giving program!”
Wendy Berger, Development Director, Jewish Federation of Delaware
“The Planned Giving Boot Camp For Fundraisers Course was very thorough and provided a wealth of information that will be useful both now and in the future as our organization focuses on planned gifts. Thank you, Jonathan!”
Robert Tupper, Associate Director, Annual Giving, Montefiore Medical Center
“Jonathan’s Planned Giving Boot Camp was an excellent primer on planned giving vehicles and their use, providing a thorough overview of the various options available, as well as strategies for employing them effectively; a great program.”
Millie Barrett, Director of Development, Direct Relief
“I feel better armed to discuss these technical topics with donors, and I’m looking forward to implementing some of the strategies I learned!”
Stephanie Blackwood, Director of Development, PFLAG National
“The Planned Giving Boot Camp was exactly that…boot camp! The courses covered every aspect of planned giving, providing just enough information to make me aware of what I could handle and when an expert would be helpful.”
David Vance, Financial Consultant, Southern CT State University Foundation
“Course was very helpful in providing the basics for anyone just starting out in planned giving arena. Given the reasonable cost of the course a very high investment return from the course.”
Julie Falgout, Pres/CEO, UL Lafayette Foundation
“Great Course! Thanks Jonathan for offering it. A very helpful course with insight into planned giving aspects, and thanks for the extra link to the sample library docs, too. J.”
Vickie Fowler, Assistant Director of Gift Planning Services, The University of Texas System
“Your course packed so much information into each session. It was very informative and I’ve been sharing these sessions with other UT planned giving officers. Your video downloads were extremely helpful. Vickie”