Planned Giving “Boot Camp” For Fundraisers – 6-Session Course Curriculum (Webinar Version)
THE NEXT BOOT CAMP IS SET TO RUN ON 6 Wednesdays, January 11th through February 15th, 2017, FROM 12 PM (EASTERN TIME!) UNTIL 1 PM EASTERN – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR EARLY-BIRD SPECIAL OF $350 by DECEMBER 31st (plus free registration for our special sessions on surveys and matching gift campaigns!)
AMAZING GROUP SPECIAL EXTENDED AGAIN! – WE ARE TEMPORARILY OFFERING A VERY SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY – SAME LOW PRICE FOR AN ENTIRE GROUP (UP TO 15 INDIVIDUALS RECEIVE LOG-IN or INVITE YOUR TEAM TO JOIN SESSIONS TOGETHER)
Contact email@example.com for more information about the course – see below for testimonials from past participants
This course is designed to propel a fundraiser into the area of planned giving. Each session will be up to 1.5 hrs and will include up to one hour of presentation material and 15 minutes of discussion. The sessions take place over a 6-week period. While it is expected that participants will join each session live, the sessions will be recorded so that participants can catch up on missed webinars. Access to Planned Giving Advisors’ virtual library of various planned giving related documents is included as part of the program. The fee per GROUP is $400 (EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FOR CURRENT COURSE – REGISTER BY December 31st FOR $350). ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE ENTITLED TO 9 CFRE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS.
1. Introduction to Planned Giving – This session will define what “planned giving” should mean to an average fundraiser, make the case for all nonprofits to ramp up their planned giving efforts, and provide an overview of all of the giving options that will be covered during the entire course.
2. From Static to Dynamic: Transforming Your Planned Giving Programs To Get Results – This session will focus on the steps and approaches needed to implement, launch and/or upgrade your legacy giving program. Planned giving marketing activities are often static and see very little results and/or interactions with actual prospects. We will cover various marketing and promotional ideas, and how to transform them into real and immediate results.
3. Initiating The Legacy Conversation And Getting To The Ask – This session will focus on a core challenge in cross-training fundraisers in planned giving: initiating planned giving conversations and leading these conversations to a completed gift. We will not only discuss several actual case studies but we will ask participants to introduce their own case studies for group discussion and turning your “case for legacy giving” into your legacy giving “elevator-pitch.”
4. Primer on Basic Tax Law and Financial Planning Concepts – This session is designed to clarify the various tax and financial planning issues that your prospects may expect you to be conversant on during planned giving discussions – a must for fundraisers discussing planned gifts and any complex gift arrangement.
5. Life Income Gifts – This session will delve into the entire area of “life income gifts,” seen by many as the heart of planned giving providing some of the most interesting options for donors to consider. Building upon our initial introduction to planned giving vehicles and tax/financial planning concepts in prior sessions, we will go into depth on the specific options available, the details as to how they work, and start preparing fundraisers to identify ideal circumstances and how to initiate conversations.
6. Bequests and Other Testamentary Gifts – This session will go into depth on what has proven to be the largest source of planned giving revenue by far in the nonprofit sector: bequests and other testamentary gifts. While bequests are often referred to as the most “simple” of planned gifts, there are numerous details and options fundraisers need to be aware of to maximize their effectiveness in this area. Additionally, we will cover non-Will testamentary options like IRAs and other account designations, which are becoming more and more important among baby-boomer prospects.